An initiative from American Academy of Dermatology
Let’s celebrate healthy skin, survivors and all the effort you’ve made to keep your body safe.
Skin cancer is a reality, and sometimes even though people are committed with their skin care, signs aren’t just too obvious to care. This is why, The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) has impulsed this special date, to remind us the main tips of how we can detect warning signs in our skin, different types of cancer, and many ways to prevent it.
Did you know that skin cancer affects around 20% of the population in the US? And the two most seen forms of skin cancer are basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.
To stay aware is the best way to care about yourself.
Creating awareness is about educating people. Specially for young ones, the consciousness about the importance of skin care, comes after the first marks or problems. The question is, why should we wait for the consequences?
Far from being a beauty trigger, the consequences that we’re talking about include eczema, psoriasis and skin cancer.
During this month, The AAD and some other organizations and brands, encourage people to take seriously the little details about daily skincare and how it makes the difference.
Getting to know and understand the composition of this organ, motivates the consciousness about the complexity of its work and how much care our skin deserves and needs.
Skin Education 101: Skin Facts
Did you know that…
- Skin represents around 15% of your body weight (15% cero guilt for lattes and delicious cookies)
- Not all of your skin has the same thickness! The thinnest is your eyelids skin, and the tickets are on your palms and soles.
- Is composed by 3 layers: Epidermis, dermis and subcutis
- Your skin renews itself every 28 days. This is why exfoliating is so helpful!
- Your skin is literally a protection barrier. Keeping chemicals and harmful components out and enough water in. Up to 60% of the human body is water, so this is why this it is an important mission!
Skin Education 101: Tips that won’t take you more than 5 minEasy and helpful, this list of tips will lead you to improve your skin health without making much effort or spending a lot of money:
- Wash your face everyday and after exercising. Don’t do it with hot water!
- Antiperspirant is better than regular deodorant.
- Choose your products according to your skin type
- Use sunscreen daily
- Avoid tanning beds
- Choose a gently cleanser
- Don’t forget your moisturizer
- Hydrate your lips constantly
- Check your skin constantly (Do you see spots different than the rest or changing colors?)
- Don’t miss this short video from the ADD about daily skin tips!
From the Fivesso Team, we are thankful for all of the people out there, helping and creating consciousness about the importance of the skin. We want you to enjoy the most about all the amazing information that we’ll be sharing this month!
And this sharing begins with a surprise that we’ve been preparing for you...
We just launched our 21 day challenge against dry skin!
Don’t let winter win the race and invite your friends to join with you.
Stay tuned on our social media for more content!
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to our newsletter by adding your email address here.
Be Natural. Feel Natural.