The perfect routine for skincare does not exist. However, the ideal routine for each skin type does. Regardless of our skin type, we all should follow these vital steps. Depending on your skin type, frequency might matter. Listed below are five (5) common skincare steps that we recommend for your daily routine.
- Cleansing: Seems obvious but washing and rinsing your face daily is healthy and necessary given it’s only once or twice a day. This important step cleanses your pores and allows excess dirt and dead skin to be removed. However, if done more than twice a day it may disrupt the natural moisture of your skin and make it more prone to sensitivity.
- Exfoliation: Apart from cleansing, exfoliation also stimulates collagen production. Again, don’t over do it. Most experts recommend exfoliating twice a week to keep pores clean and provide extra stimulation. Keep in mind this varies per skin type.
- Toning: Balancing your skin's pH is super important. Toning with a micellar water or an essential oil blend can help rejuvenate the skin. Depending on your skin type, the type of toner that should be used can vary.
- Moisturizing: Keeping the moisture in your skin is key to beautiful skin texture. The goal is to balance both natural oil and dryness. Whether you use face oils or cream-based moisturizers, it helps by latching onto skin and provides the skin with different vitamins throughout the day. It will also act as a shield against dirt that latches to your skin. This is essential if you have super dry skin.
- Masks: This is a newer trend for the past several years. Many companies are perfecting the mask to be used as an all-in-one product. Masks can be the perfect combo trick at once. Again, the usage of different types of masks can vary per skin type. Using a mask gives us an excuse to relax especially after a long day at work. Experts recommend peel off masks when swollen or if there's any irregular redness. This can also help reduce blackheads and breakouts.
These steps are really useful for preventive maintenance, especially if you know how to balance the frequency alongside your type of skin. We recommend visiting a professional to figure out the type of skin you have in order to capitalize on the effects of these steps. Know your skin, know your body!
Wish you all beautiful skin,